What is acne? What causes acne?
Acne occurs when an excess of sebum is made. The excess sebum mixes with the dead skin cells from the lining of the pore and forms a "plug". This plug blocks the pore. None of the sebum and dead skin cells that are still being produced can escape from the pore. This builds up and results in a pimple.
Severe acne can cause scars which will never disappear. Scars can be removed by abrasion (dermabrasion) or laser treatment carried out by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Acne can also cause psychological stress and be socially disabling.
One idea about the cause of acne is that as the changes due to puberty occur the skin of an acne prone person reacts to these changes by making excess sebum. This extra sebum causes a plug to form, blocking the pore and resulting in the development of a pimple. When this occurs in several places at the same time, the result is acne.
But the most substantive question is:
How can acne be excised?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
:: Pictures of acne (pictures of pimples)
Handful of facts researched by Google
- The treatment of acne by the administration of salve or ointment does not serve any purpose. They only suppress the action of the sebaceous glands temporarily.
- Retinoid gels and lotions (containing adapalene, isotretinoin, or tretinoin) decrease the formation of keratin, resulting in less blocked pores. They also reduce skin inflammation and reduce the amount of sebum produced and the size of the sebaceous gland.
- Oral antibiotics (tetracycline, erythromycin) taken by mouth may be prescribed by a physician for moderate to severe acne. They will reduce the number of red and yellow pimples.
- Many creams/gels contain a combination of acne treatments such as vitamin A and an antibiotic.
- Acne can be treated in different ways. The main thing to remember is that it will take about two months of any treatment before your skin starts to look better.
- Acne therapy may need to be continued for months or years. Consistency and regularity in using medication will increase the chances of improving acne outbreaks and help to prevent permanent scarring.
- Astringents (substances that contains alcohol) can be used to help prevent acne. Drying the skin helps prevent the buildup of sebum.
- In many cases, acne can be treated successfully with topical (locally applied) anti-acne gels and lotions.
- Most patients with mild acne can be treated with topical agents (gels, solutions and lotions).
- Deep Cleansers and Exfoliators are the best way to remove blackheads. Rercinol and sulfur work by breaking up the pimples.
- Control of acne is an ongoing process. All acne treatments work by preventing new acne. Existing blemishes must heal on their own. Improvement takes time.
- Acne can be treated with medications that are either applied to the skin or taken by mouth. People with severe acne may be treated by a dermatologist.