Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
Acne most commonly first appears at the beginning of puberty when the production of hormones (called androgens) is increased. The sebaceous glands also become more active at this time. Many people outgrow acne when they reach adulthood, as the sebaceous glands settle in to a normal cycle.
For most people, acne tends to go away by the time they reach their mid-20s; however, very sensitive people may continue to have the disorder until they reach their 40s.
Severe acne can cause scars which will never disappear. Scars can be removed by abrasion (dermabrasion) or laser treatment carried out by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Acne can also cause psychological stress and be socially disabling.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The most significant question is:
How can acne be excised?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Some data researched by Google
- Antibiotic gels and lotions (containing clindamycin or erythromycin) help get rid of bacteria, which can worsen acne, and reduce skin inflammation and redness. Antibiotic agents should be used with an acne wash to help open the pores.
- Acne almost always can be controlled with medication, although results may not be seen for weeks or months. For example, most medicines that are applied to the skin (topical) work within four to eight weeks.
- Coming into contact with cutting and mineral oils can cause acne-like spots on the arms and legs and make existing acne worse where the oil comes in contact with the skin.
- Thousands of people from all over the world suffer from this debilitating disorder, and they have tried everything with little or no results. Topical chemicals don?t work and may even cause harm.
- Acne is a complex biomedical disorder with the root of the disorder being multi-factoral. When dealing with acne it is imperative that we treat this disorder at the source.
- Many creams/gels contain a combination of acne treatments such as vitamin A and an antibiotic.
- Acne can be treated successfully. Many products available in drugstores and discount stores work quite well for milder cases of acne. Look for lotions, creams, gels, or pads that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Oil-based makeup, suntan oil, hair gels and sprays, and oils from machinerys or cooking can make acne worse.
- Antibiotics are used to kill the bacteria important in the causation of acne. These also help to prevent further infection. As with most antibiotics, side effect may include diarrhoea, headache, nausea, vomiting, or a yeast infection (oral & vaginal).
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) may be needed to treat severe acne. But Isotretinoin can cause serious side effects - birth defects and miscarriages! It should never be taken during pregnancy or even one month before pregnancy.
- Although acne is not caused by dirt, it is helpful to keep your face clean. Gentle cleansing twice daily can help by cutting down on the amount of common bacteria on the skin, and by reducing the amount of other materials on the skin that can also act like sebum and contribute to the blocking of the pores.
- Mild acne can be treated with over-the-counter medications. More serious acne requires treatment by a dermatologist.