Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
Family history is a factor in determining if you will get acne. If one or both of your parents had acne, chances are that you may also get acne.
Anyone can get acne. But it may be worse in young men because they have more skin oils. Other things also affect how bad your acne gets. Heredity (your genes) plays a role. If your mother and father had bad acne, you may too. Your immune system also plays a role. Some people are more likely to get the bacteria trapped in the hair follicles. This can cause very bad acne.
Acne is perhaps the most common chronic skin disease. It is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous ( that is fat or grease) glands and hair follicles usually found on the face, the neck, chest and shoulders.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The most substantive question is:
How can acne be treated?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Bit of information brought up by Google
- Many creams/gels contain a combination of acne treatments such as vitamin A and an antibiotic.
- Hormone treatments like high oestrogen pills do help acne, but are not without side-effects. A form of the pill is made with low-dose oestrogens and an anti-testosterone drug which may be useful in bad acne.
- Acne can be treated by special formula gels or ointments, medication or hormone treatment. Gels, antibiotic gels, azelaic acid, tretinoin.
- Acne can be treated by many different medications. There are various over-the-counter preparations such as abrasives helping to remove the plugs; astringents helping by causing the pores to shrink; soaps helping by cleaning the surface of excess oil.
- Acne almost always can be controlled with medication, although results may not be seen for weeks or months. For example, most medicines that are applied to the skin (topical) work within four to eight weeks.
- Antibiotic gels and lotions (containing clindamycin or erythromycin) help get rid of bacteria, which can worsen acne, and reduce skin inflammation and redness. Antibiotic agents should be used with an acne wash to help open the pores.
- Thousands of people from all over the world suffer from this debilitating disorder, and they have tried everything with little or no results. Topical chemicals don?t work and may even cause harm.
- Although acne is not caused by dirt, it is helpful to keep your face clean. Gentle cleansing twice daily can help by cutting down on the amount of common bacteria on the skin, and by reducing the amount of other materials on the skin that can also act like sebum and contribute to the blocking of the pores.
- Most patients with mild acne can be treated with topical agents (gels, solutions and lotions).
- The home-treatment takes six to eight weeks before the effect of the treatment can be seen. Treatment will typically have to continue until the patient reaches their 20s.
- Acne can be treated with medications that are either applied to the skin or taken by mouth. People with severe acne may be treated by a dermatologist.
- Stress and strong feelings like guilt, fear, and being nervous, periods in women, squeezing or picking at pimples and scrubbing the skin hard can make acne worse.