Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
Severe acne can cause scars which will never disappear. Scars can be removed by abrasion (dermabrasion) or laser treatment carried out by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Acne can also cause psychological stress and be socially disabling.
Family history is a factor in determining if you will get acne. If one or both of your parents had acne, chances are that you may also get acne.
Pimples are often caused by Propionebacterium acnes, a common bacterium on the skin that feeds on sebum. This bacterium produces waste products and fatty acids that irritate the sebaceous glands and make them inflamed.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The most consequential question is:
How can acne be cleared away?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Handful of facts collected by Google
- Some products treat acne as a complex biomedical disorder. Prevent and treat acne both internally and topically. Clean, detoxify, and tone your skin.
- Most patients with mild acne can be treated with topical agents (gels, solutions and lotions).
- Retinoid gels and lotions (containing adapalene, isotretinoin, or tretinoin) decrease the formation of keratin, resulting in less blocked pores. They also reduce skin inflammation and reduce the amount of sebum produced and the size of the sebaceous gland.
- Acne almost always can be controlled with medication, although results may not be seen for weeks or months. For example, most medicines that are applied to the skin (topical) work within four to eight weeks.
- Some medications have proven effective in treating acne by drying up the sebum and preventing its formation.
- Tretinoin can help for acne even it may seem at first that tretinoin is making your acne worse.
- Stress and strong feelings like guilt, fear, and being nervous, periods in women, squeezing or picking at pimples and scrubbing the skin hard can make acne worse.
- Astringents (substances that contains alcohol) can be used to help prevent acne. Drying the skin helps prevent the buildup of sebum.
- Control of acne is an ongoing process. All acne treatments work by preventing new acne. Existing blemishes must heal on their own. Improvement takes time.
- Acne can be treated by many different medications. There are various over-the-counter preparations such as abrasives helping to remove the plugs; astringents helping by causing the pores to shrink; soaps helping by cleaning the surface of excess oil.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) may be needed to treat severe acne. But Isotretinoin can cause serious side effects - birth defects and miscarriages! It should never be taken during pregnancy or even one month before pregnancy.
- The home-treatment takes six to eight weeks before the effect of the treatment can be seen. Treatment will typically have to continue until the patient reaches their 20s.