Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
One idea about the cause of acne is that as the changes due to puberty occur the skin of an acne prone person reacts to these changes by making excess sebum. This extra sebum causes a plug to form, blocking the pore and resulting in the development of a pimple. When this occurs in several places at the same time, the result is acne.
Acne is more than a surface skin condition, it is a complex biomedical disorder. It is caused from imbalances and impurities within the body.
Anyone can get acne. But it may be worse in young men because they have more skin oils. Other things also affect how bad your acne gets. Heredity (your genes) plays a role. If your mother and father had bad acne, you may too. Your immune system also plays a role. Some people are more likely to get the bacteria trapped in the hair follicles. This can cause very bad acne.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The most important question is:
How can acne be healed?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Related information brought up by Google
- You can help reduce scarring by not squeezing or picking at blemishes. Also avoid scrubbing your skin hard. Gentle washing is better.
- Acne is a very treatable disease, but in many patients treatment needs to be started early and be aggressive to prevent the scarring.
- Tretinoin can help for acne even it may seem at first that tretinoin is making your acne worse.
- The treatment of acne by the administration of salve or ointment does not serve any purpose. They only suppress the action of the sebaceous glands temporarily.
- Antibiotic gels and lotions (containing clindamycin or erythromycin) help get rid of bacteria, which can worsen acne, and reduce skin inflammation and redness. Antibiotic agents should be used with an acne wash to help open the pores.
- General measures for prevention of acne include having a well-balanced diet with plenty of rest and reduction of stress. Although there is no well-proven dietary restriction for acne, there are occasional patients who find that their acne is worsened by certain foods.
- Rubbing a topical anti-acne gel or lotion into the skin is often adequate to reduce inflammation and unblock pores. There are a range of active ingredients used to treat acne.
- To remove blackheads combine 1/4 cup boiling water with one teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 drops of iodine. Let mixture cool off. Soak a cotton ball with the mixture and dab it on the blackheads. This allows them to loosen up so they can be gently squeezed off with a gauze pad.
- Control of acne is an ongoing process. All acne treatments work by preventing new acne. Existing blemishes must heal on their own. Improvement takes time.
- Benzoyl peroxide clears up acne for many people. Antibiotics can be very good for acne.
- Mild acne can be treated with over-the-counter medications. More serious acne requires treatment by a dermatologist.
- Acne can and does scar the skin and this can be very severe. Prevention of the scarring is achievable as long as the treatment is started at an early stage.