Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
One idea about the cause of acne is that as the changes due to puberty occur the skin of an acne prone person reacts to these changes by making excess sebum. This extra sebum causes a plug to form, blocking the pore and resulting in the development of a pimple. When this occurs in several places at the same time, the result is acne.
Nearly eight out of ten young people between the ages of 12 and 24 suffer from some degree of acne. It is closely related to the disturbance in the hormones experienced at puberty. Some people never outgrow acne and they may be bothered by it for their whole lives.
Acne is a common skin condition. Acne consists of blackheads, whiteheads, red spots, and sometimes deeper boil-like spots, these are called nodules or cysts.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The key question is:
How can acne be healed?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Handful of data traced by Google
- The treatment of acne by the administration of salve or ointment does not serve any purpose. They only suppress the action of the sebaceous glands temporarily.
- Acne can be treated by special formula gels or ointments, medication or hormone treatment. Gels, antibiotic gels, azelaic acid, tretinoin.
- Acne is a complex biomedical disorder with the root of the disorder being multi-factoral. When dealing with acne it is imperative that we treat this disorder at the source.
- Acne can and does scar the skin and this can be very severe. Prevention of the scarring is achievable as long as the treatment is started at an early stage.
- Mild acne can be treated with over-the-counter medications. More serious acne requires treatment by a dermatologist.
- Coming into contact with cutting and mineral oils can cause acne-like spots on the arms and legs and make existing acne worse where the oil comes in contact with the skin.
- Many medicines can make acne worse, most commonly corticosteroids and anti-epilepsy drugs. But never stop medication without medical advice.
- Thousands of people from all over the world suffer from this debilitating disorder, and they have tried everything with little or no results. Topical chemicals don?t work and may even cause harm.
- Acne can be treated with medications that are either applied to the skin or taken by mouth. People with severe acne may be treated by a dermatologist.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) may be needed to treat severe acne. But Isotretinoin can cause serious side effects - birth defects and miscarriages! It should never be taken during pregnancy or even one month before pregnancy.
- Rubbing a topical anti-acne gel or lotion into the skin is often adequate to reduce inflammation and unblock pores. There are a range of active ingredients used to treat acne.
- Acne can be treated successfully. Many products available in drugstores and discount stores work quite well for milder cases of acne. Look for lotions, creams, gels, or pads that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.