Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
One idea about the cause of acne is that as the changes due to puberty occur the skin of an acne prone person reacts to these changes by making excess sebum. This extra sebum causes a plug to form, blocking the pore and resulting in the development of a pimple. When this occurs in several places at the same time, the result is acne.
Acne may begin during puberty, and affects about 80% of all adolescents. All skin diseases, including acne, are the outcome of malfunctioning of the body as a whole.
Acne is perhaps the most common chronic skin disease. It is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous ( that is fat or grease) glands and hair follicles usually found on the face, the neck, chest and shoulders.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The most relevant question is:
How can acne be helped?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Some information located by Google
- Control of acne is an ongoing process. All acne treatments work by preventing new acne. Existing blemishes must heal on their own. Improvement takes time.
- Deep Cleansers and Exfoliators are the best way to remove blackheads. Rercinol and sulfur work by breaking up the pimples.
- Acne can be treated with medications that are either applied to the skin or taken by mouth. People with severe acne may be treated by a dermatologist.
- For people with severe inflammatory acne, long-term treatment with antibiotics such as tetracycline or erythromycin combined with gel application may be helpful.
- General measures for prevention of acne include having a well-balanced diet with plenty of rest and reduction of stress. Although there is no well-proven dietary restriction for acne, there are occasional patients who find that their acne is worsened by certain foods.
- You can help reduce scarring by not squeezing or picking at blemishes. Also avoid scrubbing your skin hard. Gentle washing is better.
- Oil-based makeup, suntan oil, hair gels and sprays, and oils from machinerys or cooking can make acne worse.
- To remove blackheads combine 1/4 cup boiling water with one teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 drops of iodine. Let mixture cool off. Soak a cotton ball with the mixture and dab it on the blackheads. This allows them to loosen up so they can be gently squeezed off with a gauze pad.
- Thousands of people from all over the world suffer from this debilitating disorder, and they have tried everything with little or no results. Topical chemicals don?t work and may even cause harm.
- Acne is a complex biomedical disorder with the root of the disorder being multi-factoral. When dealing with acne it is imperative that we treat this disorder at the source.
- Acne almost always can be controlled with medication, although results may not be seen for weeks or months. For example, most medicines that are applied to the skin (topical) work within four to eight weeks.
- In many cases, acne can be treated successfully with topical (locally applied) anti-acne gels and lotions.