Picture of severe acne / picture of pimples (big pimples)
Severe acne can cause scars which will never disappear. Scars can be removed by abrasion (dermabrasion) or laser treatment carried out by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Acne can also cause psychological stress and be socially disabling.
Acne is a very common skin disorder that most young people get in early puberty. It is caused by inflammation of the small oil glands (sebaceous glands) that surround the fine hairs on the face and chest.
A blackhead is a pimple that is open to the air. The pore opening has expanded, or dilated, to allow the plug of sebum and skin cells to move to the top of the pore. The exposure to the air causes a component of the contents of the pimple, called melanin, to turn dark.
These pictures of severe acne were taken from internet, using Google Images
The most substantive question is:
How can acne be excised?
First of all my personal recommendation:
ZENMED's Derma Cleanse -- acne treatment herbal formula -- is a proven, 100% safe and especially effective remedy for all acne sufferers. This product contains only the highest quality botanicals direct from China and are ground to very specific measurements to provide for maximum nutritional absorption. The Natural botanicals combine to eliminate acne by regulating hormone levels, cleaning the endocrine system, detoxifying and cleaning the liver and relaxing the nervous system. Hypoallergenic. Contains no chemicals, no binders, stabilizers, or dyes. Clinically proven. It will take about 2 months before your skin starts to look better.
Of course, there are many acne treatments to buy. But ZenMED's Derma Cleanse is more powerful than any other acne treatment on the market because it combats acne from the inside-out. In three easy steps it will leave your skin healthy, clean and acne free.
Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! These ZENMED's folks are so confident that the Derma Cleanse System will combat your acne and give you a clear complexion, that they offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, they will send you a full refund of the price you paid for the product.
TRY IT... AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
:: Other ways to treat acne & Useful free reports and links
Some facts aggregated by Google
- Retinoid gels and lotions (containing adapalene, isotretinoin, or tretinoin) decrease the formation of keratin, resulting in less blocked pores. They also reduce skin inflammation and reduce the amount of sebum produced and the size of the sebaceous gland.
- Acne can be treated in different ways. The main thing to remember is that it will take about two months of any treatment before your skin starts to look better.
- Rubbing a topical anti-acne gel or lotion into the skin is often adequate to reduce inflammation and unblock pores. There are a range of active ingredients used to treat acne.
- Antibiotics are used to kill the bacteria important in the causation of acne. These also help to prevent further infection. As with most antibiotics, side effect may include diarrhoea, headache, nausea, vomiting, or a yeast infection (oral & vaginal).
- Acne can and does scar the skin and this can be very severe. Prevention of the scarring is achievable as long as the treatment is started at an early stage.
- Stress and strong feelings like guilt, fear, and being nervous, periods in women, squeezing or picking at pimples and scrubbing the skin hard can make acne worse.
- Benzoyl peroxide clears up acne for many people. Antibiotics can be very good for acne.
- Oil-based makeup, suntan oil, hair gels and sprays, and oils from machinerys or cooking can make acne worse.
- Topical creams, gels, and lotions are medications applied directly to the skin. They may contain benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, or retinoids, which are vitamin A acids (Retin A).
- Some medications have proven effective in treating acne by drying up the sebum and preventing its formation.
- Oral antibiotics (tetracycline, erythromycin) taken by mouth may be prescribed by a physician for moderate to severe acne. They will reduce the number of red and yellow pimples.
- The home-treatment takes six to eight weeks before the effect of the treatment can be seen. Treatment will typically have to continue until the patient reaches their 20s.