HEMORRHOIDS or PILES,
from Gk. haimorrhoides, pl. of haimorrhois,
from haima ("blood") + rhoos ("a stream, a flowing")
Hemorrhoids are actually part of normal human anatomy! They are not, as has been popularly believed, terminal branches of a small artery, nor are they simply engorged veins. Many patients try to treat hemorrhoids themselves to avoid the embarrassment of speaking to a physician.
Learn more on this problem...
:: What are the symptoms of external hemorrhoids?
:: How do internal hemorrhoids differ from external hemorrhoids?
:: How about pregnancy hemorrhoids?
:: What other conditions may feel like hemorrhoids?
Nothing very special, huh? These pictures were taken from internet, using Google Images
Do you suffer from hemorrhoids?
Treat yourself at home, as I did.
If you've ever suffered from the pain, burning or itching of hemorrhoids (as I was) and you are looking for a natural solution that helps, without the side effects that other treatments have, then let me recommend you ZenMED's cream. This is a combination of astringent and anti-inflammatory herbal extracts which brings fast cooling and effective relief from pain and discomfort.
Of course, there are many hemorrhoid treatments to buy. But this ZenMED's Cool Relief cream
is one of the best hemorrhoids home treatment on the market. Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! They offer you 60 DAY, 100% money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, these ZenMED's folks will send you a full 100% refund of the price you paid for the product. No questions asked.
Bit of facts found by search engines
- It is no longer believed that sedentary occupations, sitting on a hard cold surface or prolonged standing are factors that cause hemorrhoids.
- In patient surveys over 90% report minimal or no discomfort during the out patient treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Avoid anti-itching creams or lotions with an ingredient that has "-caine" in its name. These products have a local anesthetic in them and, if used too often, can cause further irritation.
- Anoscopy is essential in evaluating painless hemorrhoids.
- If you have been afraid to do anything about hemorrhoids, consider the advantages of laser removal.
- A hemorrhoidectomy is a surgical excision or ligation of hemorrhoidal tissue.
- Sometimes, an internal hemorrhoid may stretch down until it bulges outside your anus. This is called a prolapsed hemorrhoid.
- In certain circumstances, multiple hemorrhoids can be ligated at a single sitting.
- People who suffer from hemorrhoids should decrease or eliminate alcohol and caffeine, because these can cause small, dry stools.
- Many patients try to treat hemorrhoids themselves to avoid the embarrassment of speaking to a physician.
- Being very overweight, or standing or lifting too much can make hemorrhoids worse.
- External hemorrhoids can also progress to a condition called thrombosed external hemorrhoid.
- External hemorrhoids can also progress to a condition called thrombosed external hemorrhoid. The symptoms for this condition include a very painful blood clot which causes swelling around the anus region.
- Hemorrhoids are external, internal or mixed. In external piles there is not much bleeding but a lot of pain, where as the internal piles consist in discharge of several ounces of dark blood.
- An internal hemorrhoid can remain without symptoms for a long time.
- All my colleagues (and I) could hardly believe it since all our science says that hemorrhoids NEVER go away without surgery.
- One of the most important measures in treatment of hemorrhoids is a high fiber diet. Fiber retains water, making it easier for stools to pass and minimizing straining.
- If there is no significant internal component, an operative procedure or freezing is required.
- Soothing preparations containing local anaesthetics and/or corticosteroids can be absorbed and may cause systemic effects; local anaesthetics may irritate the skin around the anus. For these reasons such preparations should not be used for prolonged periods; treatment should be directed towards avoiding precipitating factors for hemorrhoids, such as constipation.
- External hemorrhoids are located below the dentate line and are covered by squamous epithelium.
Hemerrhoids - books at Amazon