Hemorrhoids: varicosity in the lower rectum or anus due to congestion of the veins; caused or exacerbated by a low-fibre diet and consequent straining to defecate.
Do you suffer from hemorrhoids?
Heal yourself at home, as I did.
If you've ever suffered from the pain, burning or itching of hemorrhoids (as I have been) and you are looking for a natural solution that helps, without the side effects that other treatments have, then let me recommend you ZenMED's cream. This is a combination of astringent and anti-inflammatory herbal extracts which brings fast cooling and effective relief from pain and discomfort.
Of course, there are many hemorrhoid treatments to buy. But this ZenMED's Cool Relief cream
is one of the best hemorrhoids home treatment on the market. Moreover, it's quite good deal because you can try this herbal treatment completely risk free! They offer you 60 DAY, 100% money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, these ZenMED's folks will send you a full 100% refund of the price you paid for the product. No questions asked.
:: What are the symptoms of external hemorrhoids?
:: How do internal hemorrhoids differ from external hemorrhoids?
:: How about pregnancy hemorrhoids?
:: What other conditions may feel like hemorrhoids?
:: Hemorrhoids picture
Handful of facts located by search engines
- Hemorrhoids tend to stay with you, but they may not cause you difficulty.
- External hemorrhoids can be visually detected during an examination. They are present at the anal opening.
- Hemorrhoids: varicosity in the lower rectum or anus due to congestion of the veins; caused or exacerbated by a low-fibre diet and consequent straining to defecate.
- Piles may cause bleeding from the anus and itchiness, but rarely severe pain. In severe cases they may be surgically removed or injected with a sclerosing agent, which makes them shrivel up.
- Modalities of unproven efficacy include laser destruction and various types of electrodestruction.
- Avoid low-fibre foods, such as ice cream, cheese, white bread and meat.
- Include more fibre in your diet. Fibre helps soften stools. Fresh fruit, leafy vegetables, and whole-grain breads and cereals are good sources of fibre.
- A hemorrhoidectomy is a surgical excision or ligation of hemorrhoidal tissue.
- Dietary fiber from vegetarian foods is not a solution, and even vegetarians suffer from constipation and hemorrhoids.
- Ulcerated edematous strangulated hemorrhoids (acute attack of piles) can be managed conservatively because pain and swelling are likely to resolve rapidly; the thromboses are reabsorbed over 4 to 8 wk.
- Hemorrhoids inside the rectal opening are usually painless, but often bleed and cause a feeling of fullness, which may cause an urge to have a bowel movement even when there is no stool present.
- In patient surveys over 90% report minimal or no discomfort during the out patient treatment of hemorrhoids.
- External hemorrhoids are located below the dentate line and are covered by squamous epithelium.
- Fiber adds bulk and moisture to the stool, and it speeds movement through the bowel. Foods that are rich in fiber are whole grain breads and cereals, fresh or lightly cooked fruits and vegetables, brown rice, and nuts.
- A healthy bowel movement should happen naturally, within several minutes, and with little or no effort on your part. Also, avoid heavy lifting, which puts pressure on the anal opening.
- It is no longer believed that sedentary occupations, sitting on a hard cold surface or prolonged standing are factors that cause hemorrhoids.
- Because constipation is the most frequent cause of rectal problems, it is necessary to avoid constipation by eating a diet filled with high-fiber foods every day.
- If there is no significant internal component, hemorrhoidectomy is required. Infrequently, simple incision and evacuation of the clot may relieve pain rapidly.
- Drink plenty of fluids (except alcohol). Eight glasses of water a day is ideal.
- Incapacitating pain that fails to resolve with analgesics, sitz baths, topical compresses, and other conservative measures may be treated by injection of a local anesthetic containing hyaluronidase followed by rubber band ligation of the internal hemorrhoids and multiple thrombectomies or hemorrhoidectomy.
Medical hemorrhoids - books at Amazon